- being a taxi service
- muddy footprints through the house
- dirty plates hidden in a bedroom
- toys everywhere
- ouch that was Lego under a bare foot
- weekends stood in the cold and wet at the side of a pitch
Fostering isn’t always pretty, but it is pretty amazing!
At any one time there are 30 children and young people in Cornwall who need a place to call home. You could be:
- live in a flat
- rent where you live
- be LGBTQ+
because all you need to be a fosterer, is to be able to provide a place of comfort and stability to help a child realise their potential.
We are particularly looking for:
- people who can care for older children
- people who could offer siblings a home, they really need to be together during a difficult time
- mother and child placements
- those who can offer short break respite care for disabled children
- those who can provide a long-term home for a child as a permanent foster carer
Martyna tells us what a difference it made to finally have a stable place to settle down and how it helped her to finish school.
If you could offer a child, teenager or siblings a home, we’d love to hear from you. Please call our friendly team to find out more on 01872 323638.
Guides for children and young people
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.