This service supports schools in ensuring the effective inclusion, achievement and progression of children and young people with cognition and learning needs.
The service works with learners with:
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD - including dyslexia) and
- Moderate (or general) Learning Difficulties
- free core support comprising casework, assessment, advice and consultation
- low cost training for schools
- special events, e.g. the annual Cognition and Learning Conference
Cognition and learning advisers
The cognition and learning advisors are:
- Jo Davidson
- Sandra Page
They support mainstream schools and other educational settings in Cornwall.
You can download a list of the schools and the allocated adviser.
Request for involvement
Schools and educational settings can request the involvement of the service by completing the form below. There is also a Parent Consent Form which must be signed, scanned and emailed to the service before the advisors can visit. The eligibility criteria for each service is listed on the form.
- Request for involvement form
- Parental consent form - this must be completed at the same time as the Request for Involvement
We are constantly developing the Cognition and Learning Service in light of evaluation and review.
We listen to all stakeholders and welcome all compliments and comments.
In the first instance please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your compliments, comments or complaints.
Alternatively, you may visit the Together for Families compliments, comments and complaints page.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.