Skip to content

Forms for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Due to essential maintenance Council tax and benefit forms may have a short interruption between 6-8pm on Tuesday 21 May. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

On this page you will find a housing benefit and council tax support forms, where possible these are printable documents.

When downloading and printing a form you may want to adjust your printer to cut down on the amount of ink needed.

You can post your form to us at

Revenues and Benefits
PO Box 676
TR1 9EQ.

Only send us photocopies of your documents please. If you want us to return your document please enclose a stamped addressed envelope.

Cornwall Council, as the Data Controller, must protect your privacy. We will only use your personal data for housing benefit/council tax support assessments. See our privacy policy for information.

We will not use your information for any other purpose or give it to anyone else unless the law allows us to. For example, for the prevention and detection of fraud we must share it with other services or organisations responsible for auditing or administering public funds. 

For more information please view our data protection policy.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Claim form

Use this form to apply for housing benefit and council tax support.

Certificate of Earnings form

Use this form if you don’t have wage slips.

Self Employed form

Use this form to show your income if you’re self employed.

Childcare costs

Use this form if you pay for childcare.

Discretionary housing payment and exceptional relief award claim form

Use this form if you want to apply for a discretionary housing payment to help towards your rent or an exceptional relief award to help towards your council tax. You must already receive housing benefit or council tax support to apply.

Change of Circumstances online form

Use this form to tell us about changes to your income, capital, members of your household, rent, private tenancy or moving to a new home. 

Financial statement online form

Use this form if we are recovering an overpayment from your housing benefit and it’s causing you hardship.

Application for direct payment of housing benefit to your landlord

Use this form if you need housing benefit payments direct to your landlord.

Direct payment of housing benefit into a bank account - BACS form

Use this form to change from payment by cheque to BACS.

Rent proof form

Use this form to prove how much your rent is.

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service