The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations (RPSI) 2015.
To make a request for re-use to Cornwall Council, you must submit a request in writing:
- with your name and address for correspondence
- specify the information that you want to re-use and
- the purpose you intend to use it for
You do not need to make a request if we have already made the information available under the Open Government Licence (OGL). This will be stated alongside the information, but you must follow the terms of the OGL.
When we receive a request to re-use information, we must respond within 20 working days. This time limit can be extended if:
- the information is extensive or
- the request raises complex issues
We must inform you of this within the 20 day period.
If you wish to complain, for example about how the Council has handled your request for re-use, you must submit your complaint to us in writing. We will aim to respond to your complaint within 20 working days (sooner wherever possible). We will explain the reasons for our decision.
We can be contacted in the following ways:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliments, Comments and Complaints
- your name, address, telephone number
- full details of your complaint
- reference number
Complaints to the ICO
If you are still not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Complaints to the ICO can be about any aspect of how the Council handled your re-use request. Examples include:
- failing to respond to your request;
- refusing to allow re-use;
- placing unnecessary restrictions on re-use; or
- incorrectly charging a fee above marginal cost.
The ICO will investigate your complaint and assess whether we have complied with the requirements of RPSI. How the ICO resolve the complaint will depend on what it is about. They can issue a decision notice unless the complaint concerns charges above marginal cost. In which case they can make a non-binding recommendation.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner's Office
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.