School Accessibility Plans
Schools must have a written accessibility plan. Accessibility plans can be part of the SEND Information Report. Useful guidance can be found within the Equality Act 2010: Advice for Schools document.
As part of the accessibility strategy we produced an audit and example accessibility plan and template. This was done in consultation with stakeholders and teachers.
Cornwall Accessibility Strategy
Cornwall Council’s vision is for all children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) to:
- Access inclusive learning
- Have the chance to realise their aspirations
- Achieve their potential
- Take part in education and the wider society
The Cornwall Accessibility Strategy sets out how we will realise this vision. It is through the following priorities:
- Ensuring compliance
- Maximising inclusion and the feeling of inclusion
- Increasing how much children and young people with SEND can take part in the curriculum,
- Improving the physical environment of all educational settings
- Enhancing information advice and guidance to all children/young people with SEND and their families
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.