Skip to content

Assisted collections

This service is for domestic properties only.

We do not make assisted collections from businesses or non-domestic properties, for example:

  • B&Bs
  • Self-catering/holiday lets. (This includes those renting out their own homes as temporary holiday accommodation)
  • Hotels
  • Shops

Properties operating as any of the above are not eligible to use the household waste collection services for waste produced by paying guests. Owners will need to make arrangements for a commercial waste collection contractor to collect their waste.

Who is eligible to apply for assisted collections?

Collections are made from outside, as close to your property boundary as possible.  We can provide assistance to collect your waste from within your property boundary (as long as this is still outside). You will need to confirm no one living in the household is able to move your waste to the boundary due to:

  • a mobility issue, or
  • a disability, or
  • a medical condition

Types of collections this applies to

If you register for assisted collections we will apply it to all the following collections at the address so you only need to request this once:

  • Rubbish
  • Recycling 
  • Garden waste (if you subscribe to the service)

Terms of the service

When applying for this service we will need you to confirm that:

  • You are unable to take your waste to the boundary of your property yourself due to a mobility related condition, disability or other medical condition.

  • There is no-one else in your household aged 13 years or over who is able to take your waste to the boundary of your property for you.

  • You agree to tell us as soon as possible if your circumstances change and you are no longer entitled to an assisted collection service, or you no longer need one.

  • Our collection contractor can safely and easily access the Collection Point provided in your application.

  • You give permission that if required, our contractor can assess any private road or track to ensure they are maintained to a suitable standard and that our collection vehicles can travel on them.

  • You give permission for our contractor to access the Collection Point you provide via any private land, road or track and that neither they nor us will be held liable for any damage to the surfaces that may occur from our vehicles travelling on them.

  • You accept that we can refuse to collect from an address or Collection Point if your application does not meet all the criteria above and that, in some circumstances, we may need to carry out further checks to confirm your eligibility to receive an assisted collection.

Apply for assisted collections

The quickest way to apply is by filling out our online form below.

You’ll need to tell us where you're going to leave your waste.  This must be outside, our collection contractor cannot come into your home or collect from sheds or garages.

Several systems will be unavailable on Monday 22 April 7.30-8.30pm. This is due to essential maintenance. This will cause disruption to any forms or services using an address lookup including planning, my area and the salting map tool. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Find out more on the planned maintenance page.

Register for assisted collections

If you can't fill out the form online, you can phone us on 0300 1234 141.

How long assisted collections will last for

When you register, you need to tell us how long you need to have assisted collections for. You can choose one of the following options: 

  • Three months – if you have a short term need, eg, if you have a broken limb or are recovering from an operation
  • Six months – if you have a medium term need, eg, if you are having a series of operations 
  • Nine months – if you have a longer term need, eg, are undergoing an extended period of medical treatment or have an ongoing medical condition
  • Open ended – if you have a permanent mobility issue, disability or medical condition that is unlikely to improve

What happens after you register

  • It will take 2 working days to set up this service; you can then start putting your waste at the place you told us on your form. 
  • We may contact you at a later date to check that you still need the service and are still eligible to receive it.
  • If you ever need to change the place where you leave your waste or you are no longer eligible for assistance, please ring us as soon as possible on 0300 1234 141 so we can let our contractor know.

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service