Skip to content

Planning Privacy Notice E for Responses to Validation Guide Consultation

Who will control my data?

The Data Controller for all the information you provide on this form is Cornwall Council, New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY.  Data Protection Registration Number: Z1745294

There’s something I don’t understand

If you need help understanding anything contained in this notice, please contact the Economic Growth and Development Freedom of Information Team by emailing or on telephone number 0300 1234 100.

Why we are processing your information

All representations received regarding the consultation on the draft Validation Guide will be processed in accordance with The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015.

What will your information be used for?

Your information will be used by Cornwall Council staff to review and update its Validation Guide.  Any comments/representations received will be recorded on our planning register but not made available to the public.  

Who else will we share your information with?

We will only use this information in conjunction with the preparation of new validation guidance which will be compiled internally.  The final version of the revised document will then be published online. 

How will we look after your data?

Information Security

Your data will be held within Cornwall Council’s secure network and premises and will not be processed outside of the UK/the EEA.  Access to your information will only be made to authorised members of staff who are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.

Accuracy of your information

We will process the information given at the time of representation. If your information is not accurate then you can call us on 0300 1234 151.

How long will you keep this information for?

Consultation responses will be held for 2 years. After this time we will ensure your information is deleted securely.

What are my data rights?

Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:

  • be informed of how we will process it
  • request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way)
  • have it amended if it’s incorrect or incomplete
  • have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
  • withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process
  • restrict how we process it
  • object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
  • object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
  • request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you

How do I exercise these rights?

If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact:

Data Protection Officer
Cornwall Council
County Hall
TR1 3AY 
Tel: 01872 326424 

I don’t agree with something

We would prefer any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right.  However,  if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns direct with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Tel No. 0303 123 1113 

Why do you need my information?

Under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, local authorities are responsible for determining statutory planning applications. Local Authorities must publish a local list of information requirements for submitted planning applications, in addition to the national mandatory information requirements specified in the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015. This is to provide clarity to applicants on what information should accompany their applications.

You have asked us to record your comments on the draft Validation Guide.  We are unable to accept anonymous comments so we need your name and address (email or postal address) as without this information we will not be able to record your contribution. 

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service