Skip to content

Planning Privacy Notice C for Planning Conditions Monitoring Visits

View the 2024 General Election results for the 6 Cornish constituencies

Who will control my data?

The Data Controller for all the information you provide on this form is Cornwall Council, New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY.  Data Protection Registration Number: Z1745294

There’s something I don’t understand

If you need help understanding anything contained in this notice, please contact the Economic Growth and Development Freedom of Information Team by emailing or on telephone number 0300 1234 100.

How we will use the information about you

The Monitoring Officer will check sites to ensure that they are compliant with the conditions on any current Planning Permission and, issue a report to the operator/owner.and make it available for public inspection on the Council’s website.  Reports may also be given to the Local Member on a confidential basis upon request.

As owner/operator your information will be used by Cornwall Council as Mineral and Waste Planning Authority to undertake and charge for monitoring visits. Your information will be used to contact you regarding arrangements for the visit, reports or to pay the fee. 

The Authority produces a schedule of visits at the beginning of each calendar year and writes to all operators regarding the number of visits allocated.  It also maintains a database of sites with operator names and contact details. 

This is a statutory requirement under section 303 of the Town and County Planning Act 1990.  (The Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications and Deemed Applications) (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2006 came into force on 6 April 2006).

Who else will we share your information with?

Monitoring reports may be shared with the Local Member on a confidential basis upon request.  Any personal email addresses, signatures and financial information will redacted.

Operator names and address may also be shared with Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) for statutory purposes.  

How will we look after your data?

Information Security

Your data will be held within Cornwall Council’s secure network and premises and will not be processed outside of (the UK/the EEA).  Access to your information will only be made to authorised members of staff who are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.   Please note that anyone who has access to the internet can view the Planning Conditions Monitoring Report online, even if they have not registered.

Accuracy of your information

We will process the information given at the time of your application. If your information is not accurate then you can call us on 0300 1234151. If you have applied via an external planning provider you will need to contact them directly in order to amend your data.  

How long will we keep this information for?

The report will be held indefinitely for conditions and monitoring purposes.

What are my data rights?

Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:

  • be informed of how we will process it
  • request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way)
  • have it amended if it’s incorrect or incomplete
  • have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
  • withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process
  • restrict how we process it
  • object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
  • object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
  • request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you

How do I exercise these rights?

If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact:

Data Protection Officer
Cornwall Council
County Hall
Tel: 01872 326424

I don’t agree with something

We would prefer any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right.  However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns direct with the Information Commissioner’s Office:

0303 123 1113 

Why do you need my information?

We have a statutory responsibility to carry out Planning Conditions Monitoring visits and prepare reports, so we need your name, address and payment details. Without them we will not be able to carry out this responsibility.

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service