A Planning Performance Agreement (PPA) helps manage the planning process. The Local Planning Authority (LPA) and applicant can use it to agree:
PPAs are useful at:
- the pre-application stage
- the planning application stage
- the post decision stage
- any combination of these.
You could have a PPA for any application. They are more effective on larger, complex proposals. We recommend our pre-application advice service for all types of proposals.
Advantages for using PPAs are:
- issues identified at an early stage
- consultees identified at an early stage
- guaranteed timescales
- scheme managed throughout process
- clear communication
- better working relationship
- consistent approach from officers
- advice from key consultees.
For more information, see our Planning Performance Agreement Charter.
Please complete the PPA notification form. Please include this form for all applications using the PPA process.
Other relevant links: