Cornwall Council now have an LDO at the Aerohub Enterprise Zone. This is located at Newquay Cornwall Airport. It forms part of the simplified planning framework.
The Order grants planning permission for a 35.5 ha Business Park. It consists of use classes
- B1 (Business)
- B2 (General Industry)
- B8 (Storage and Distribution)
- associated infrastructure, an ancillary hotel, retail and leisure facilities.
The business park will be developed over the next 20 years.
The principle of developing the LDO site was first consulted upon in 2008. It was part of the now adopted Newquay Cornwall Airport Masterplan 2008-2030.
The site forms an integral part of the successful bid by the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership. The bid was to establish the Aerohub Enterprise Zone at Newquay Cornwall Airport.
The purpose of the Order is to simplify the planning framework within the Enterprise Zone. The Enterprise Zone provides one of the most investment friendly areas in the UK. Planning freedom is a key incentive to attract investment and new growing business to Aerohub.
Further information on Enterprise Zones can be found on the Enterprise Zones website.
Consultation process of the Local Development Order
The order went out for formal consultation between 2 January and 31 January 2013. Cornwall Council Cabinet considered and recommended adoption of the Order in March 2013. The Secretary of State decided not to intervene in the proposal and the Order is now adopted.
Post Consultation Version of the Local Development Order
Following the public consultation all the comments received were assessed. They have informed the final version of the Local Development Order. Links to the comments are on this page. All comments received are catalogued in the Statement of Community Engagement document.
- Aerohub Business Park Local Development Order Statement of Reasons
- Aerohub Business Park Local Development Order Statement of Community Engagement
- Parameter Plans
- Design Codes
- Newquay Aerohub Drainage Concept Strategy, FRA incl Foul and Utilities
- Newquay Aerohub Enterprise Zone Supplementary Transport Assessment
- Environmental Statement - pages 1-106
- Environmental Statement - pages 107-203
- Environmental Statement - pages 204-289
- Environmental Statement - pages 289-385
- Environmental Statement - pages 386-461
- Environmental Statement - pages 462-594