You must serve a Demolition Notice on the Council six weeks before starting work if:
- you intend to demolish a building or part of a building and
- the building is greater than 1750 cubic feet
Please return the demolition notification form by email to email@example.com.
You do not need to pay any fees.
You must also inform the Utility Suppliers and adjoining neighbours who may be affected. Depending on what you are demolishing we would ask you to do some or all of the following:
- to shore up any building next to the building to which the notice relates
- to weatherproof any surfaces of an adjacent building that the demolition
- to repair and make good any damage to an adjacent building caused by the demolition or by the negligent act or omission of any person engaged in it
- to remove material or rubbish resulting from the demolition and clearance of the site
- to disconnect and seal at such points as the Local Authority may reasonably require, any sewer or drain in or under the building
- to remove any such sewer or drain, and seal any sewer or drain with which the sewer or drain to be removed is connected
- to make good to the satisfaction of the Local Authority the surface of the ground disturbed by anything done under paragraph (e) or (f) above
- to make arrangements with the utility suppliers for the disconnection of the supply of gas, electricity and water to the building
- to make such arrangements with regard to the burning of structures or materials on the site as may be reasonably required:
- if the building is or forms part of special premises, by the Health and Safety Executive and the Fire Authority, and in any other case by the Fire authority, and
- to ensure steps are taking relating to the site condition and how it is left on completion of the demolition.
The Local Authority may consider necessary for the protection of the public and the preservation of public amenity.
If you are having construction or refurbishment work done, you may need to notify the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). You may have other duties as well. More information is available on the HSE website
Utility supplier contact details
- National Handling Centre PP 3WW18 Telecom House Trinity Street Hanley Stoke on Trent ST1 5ND
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Western Power Distribution
- Trevenson Lane Pool Camborne TR15 3RF
- Email: email@example.com
Transco Wales and West Utilities
- Wales and West House Spooner Close Celtic Springs Coed Kernew Newport NP10 8FZ
- Email: Connisolations@wwutilities.co.uk
South West Water Asset Planning
- Peninsular House Rydon Lane Exeter EX2 7HR
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org