As a Council we receive many requests for memorials and donations to create a focus for a memory of something or someone. Many of these requests are because a family member wishes to remember someone with a memorial or commemorate a birth, or wedding.
Making a donation is a positive way of commemorating these events, and it helps us manage a special place for the benefit of all. Memorial and donation options include artwork, seating, picnic tables, trees, spring bulbs. As well as interpretation, stiles, flower-beds and woodland planting.
The information below provides information on how to proceed with your donation idea.
- Initial Contact. Contact Customer Services on 0300 1234 222 for any donation request.
- Submission of forms. Applicant to complete a submission of interest form. Detailing the request, location etc.
- Approval. The application will be assessed to determine the appropriateness of the request. If successful a final cost will be provided with an expected time frame for delivery.
- Enquirer. To agree to terms and conditions, sign contract and provide cheque for agreed amount.
- Completion. The enquirer will be contactedprior to installation where possible. When the installation is complete a photograph will be taken for records and a copy sent to the enquirer.
- To be respectful, sympathetic and easily understood by the public
- To balance the sometimes contrasting needs of a variety of site users
- To maintain and enhance the high quality appearance of sites and not detract from their prime purpose.
Cornwall Council can only consider requests for donations on land under the direct ownership of Cornwall Council. Public spaces within the wider County managed by Town and Parish Councils will be subject to their own regulations.
For further information on memorials please read: