Free to all Cornwall Library members, download eAudiobooks and eBooks on your:
You'll need to download the BorrowBox app to read them on your smartphone or tablet.
To help cope with increased demand during the Coronavius epidemic we have reduced the number of loans allowed on Borrowbox. Each library member can now borrow up to six e-books and six e-audiobooks at any one time. Please return books as soon as you have finished to allow others to read them.
- A Cornwall Library membership card and an internet connection to complete your registration
- Once you have downloaded your eAudiobooks and eBooks an internet connection is not required to view them
If you are using BorrowBox for the first time you will be prompted to register for an account. If you already have a BorrowBox account you will be taken straight to the main page.
- The easiest way to access free eBooks and eAudiobooks is through the BorrowBox app. iPhone and iPad users should download the app from the App Store (IOS version 6 or above). Android users should download the app from Google Play Store.
- Once you have installed the BorrowBox app on your device you will need to register using the following steps:
- Go to the "Please select your library" option and start typing Cornwall. You will need to select: Cornwall Libraries and log in with your library card number
- When you submit all of this information you will be asked to "Agree" to the terms and conditions. Once you have clicked on "Agree" you will be taken through to the app where you can browse, borrow, download and reserve eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Select the link above
- Sign into 'My account' using your borrower number (Cornwall library card number) and PIN (last four digits of your Cornwall library card number)
- Click 'Sign-in'
- Browse eBooks - you can browse through a selection of categories to find titles you might enjoy
- Select an eBook by choosing 'Borrow'
- 'Confirm eBook loan' - a loan confirmation will be sent to your email address.
- If you want to read them on your smartphone or tablet download the BorrowBox app
- Browse eAudiobooks - you can browse through a selection of categories to find titles you might enjoy
- Select an eAudiobook by choosing 'Borrow'
- Click 'Confirm eAudiobook loan' - a loan confirmation will be sent to your email address
Kindle Fire is the only model of Kindle that can currently access the BorrowBox service.
To read BorrowBox eBooks on a Kindle Fire you will need to download the BorrowBox Kindle Fire app. This is now available on the Amazon Appstore and can be installed on Kindle Fire devices in the usual way. Once you have installed the app choose "Cornwall Libraries" from the list of libraries. Then register using your library card number and the last 4 digits of that number as your PIN.
BorrowBox works with eReaders such as Kobo and Nook (Kindle users should see the above section). Make sure that you have installed Adobe Digital Editions on to your PC. If you haven't installed this software yet, please visit the Adobe Digital Editions download page. Follow the installation instructions provided. On first launch of Adobe Digital Editions click on Help > Authorize Computer. In the following screen choose Adobe ID from the dropdown menu and enter your Adobe ID and password. If you don't have an Adobe ID yet click on the Create an Adobe ID link on the right hand side or visit the Adobe login website and click on Get an Adobe ID.
- You must be a member of Cornwall libraries
- The app is available to Cornwall Libraries, ensure you select this option when subscribing to the BorrowBox service.
- Your Cornwall library number and PIN from your library card. Your PIN can be found as the last four numbers on the back of your library card.