St Ives Library and Information Service is managed by St Ives Town Council, supported by Cornwall Council.
St Ives Library will continue to offer a Click and Collect service. Limited browsing is also available.
Opening Hours from 12 April
- The nearest car park is the Station car park and St Ives bus station at the Malakoff. No parking nearby.
- Wheelchair accessible with a lift to the first floor
Council payment and services
- National Concessionary bus pass applications are quick and easy to apply for online.
- Recycling bags and boxes can be ordered online. Please use the request recycling equipment / recycling containment online form.
- Council Payments. Payments for Council services cannot be taken at this location. This includes Council Tax or Business Rates. However there are a range of PayPoint and Post Office sites that accept both cash and card payments. Most Post Offices still accept cheques at no extra cost. Your account will be updated overnight. Many PayPoint stores have longer opening hours, often including weekends. This offers greater flexibility and choice. Head over to my area to see which facilities are available to you more locally. Should you prefer to pay online, please use the links below:
- Seagull proof bags available for £5.00 each. The reusable bags will hold three black sacks of rubbish
- We work closely with the St Ives Archive. This holds information on every aspect of the town in: newspaper articles, maps, legal documents, correspondence, catalogues, books
- Self Service (staff available to help if required)
- 4 Computers with internet access - available for 1 hours sessions
- Scanning, printing and photocopying
- Baby changing facilities
The meeting rooms are not available for hire due to the current COVID situation.
The rooms are available during library hours for
- training events
To book a room please contact the staff at St Ives Library for a booking form.
Greta Williams Community Room £10.00 per hour (£5.00 for local community-based groups and educational courses) Minimum payment of £10.00
All day charge of £60.00 (£30.00 for local community-based groups and educational courses)
Small Meetings Room £6.00 per hour (£4.00 for local community-based groups and educational courses)
All day charge of £40.00 (£20.00 for local community-based groups and educational courses)
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.