Liskeard Library is now open for browsing. The Click and Collect service is still available.
|Monday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Tuesday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Wednesday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Thursday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Friday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Saturday||10.00am - 1.00pm|
Liskeard Library has 1 public network computer available for 30 minutes sessions.
Temporary move of Liskeard Library
The current library building is in need of refurbishment. As such, Liskeard Library has temporarily moved to Luxstowe House. This is to allow for this work to take place. Once this refurbishment has been completed, the Library will return to Barras Street.
Planning permission has been granted to a local community group called RIO. This is to continue the library service and to carry out significant refurbishment of the building. We see this partnership with RIO as a positive move. The residents of Liskeard will have a fully renovated library building. This will be more accessible but more importantly safeguarded for the future.
For more information about Rio, please visit the Rio website.
At Luxstowe temporary library you will be able to:
- Use a “click and collect service”. Customers will be able to reserve books and other resources from the online library catalogue. They can then collect them from the temporary library. If it’s more convenient, customers can choose an alternative collection site when making a reservation on-line.
- 1 Computer with internet access
- Access free Wi-Fi and computers.
- The Library Microfilm is currently located in Liskeard Museum. This will continue for the duration of the building works
- Free customer parking
Council payments and services
- National Concessionary bus pass applications are quick and easy to apply for online.
- Recycling bags and boxes can be ordered online. Please use the request recycling equipment / recycling containment online form.
- Council Payments. Payments for Council services cannot be taken at this location. This includes Council Tax or Business Rates. However there are a range of PayPoint and Post Office sites that accept both cash and card payments. Most Post Offices still accept cheques at no extra cost. Your account will be updated overnight. Many PayPoint stores have longer opening hours, often including weekends. This offers greater flexibility and choice. Head over to my area to see which facilities are available to you more locally. Should you prefer to pay online, please use the links below:
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.