You can find your borrower number on the back of your Cornwall library card. The borrower number is located below the barcode.
If you have lost your card you will need to contact your local library. If you think someone else may try to use it, contact the library to put a stop on the card.
The charge for a replacement card is:
- Adult £1.50 (including over 60s)
- Concession £1.00
- Child 50p
To get a new library card visit your local branch library. You will need to provide one of the following forms of identification:
- A utility company or council tax bill for your current address
- Driving licence showing your current address.
- Cheque or credit card together with a letter bearing the same name that has been sent to you by post.
- If you have recently moved, a letter from a solicitor, estate agent or letting agent referring to the purchase or lease of the property.
- For concessions, refugees, asylum seekers or full-time students, you will need to show proof of entitlement to benefits, stating your address.
If we have your email address we can email you when items you have reserved are ready to be collected or you have books due to be returned.
To add an email address, or change the email address used on your library account, please contact your local library.
If you dont know your library card pin number, contact your local library.
Your PIN to download BorrowBox eBooks and eAudiobooks is the last four digits of your library card number shown on the back of your membership card.
Library cards have expiry dates which vary depending on the type of library card you have. For example:
- Adult cards are valid for two years.
- Concessionary cards are valid for one year.
- Junior cards will have different expiry dates which are linked to the age classifications for audio visual material.
If you are unable to renew items online or by the automated telephone renewal service. Please contact your branch library or email the libraries team at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the details we hold for you. A member of library staff will be able to update your card immediately. Failure to do this may lead to difficulities renewing any items online, via the telephone renewal line or accessing orther library services.
Accumulated fines may result in library card privileges being withdrawn.