Enjoy the convenience of your daily paper! Access all your favourite publications in one place. Along with the opportunity to discover new content from around the world. Read newspapers and magazines online the same day as the printed version. There are many publications available including:
- Daily Mail
- Country Living
- The Insider
- Gardener’s World
- Sky and Night
- BBC Good Food
The Simple Things
There are many ways of accessing this service:
- in the library with our Wi-Fi
- on our library PC’s
- on your smartphone or tablet with either your browser or the PressReader App
- at home
Or in fact anywhere!
- Library members can use PressReader to access over 7000 UK and international digital newspapers and magazines for FREE.
- Includes instant translation in up to 18 different languages for most articles. Some full publications and audio narration function can be used to listen to many magazine and newspaper articles. Up to 3 months of back issues are also available for most titles.
- Download titles from any location using the PressReader app. Or read titles on the PressReader website.
- Once logged in you have thirty days full FREE usage of the service. After thirty days simply log in again with your library membership card number.
- Select PressReader newspapers and magazines
Simply click sign in on the PressReader website or in the PressReader app (which can be obtained free from your App Store). Select the yellow library card icon and enter Cornwall in the search box to select your Library Authority. Then enter your library card number.
A pop up confirms you can now read newspapers online. Or download to read offline free of charge for 30 days on your device.
At the end of the 30 days, simply sign out and sign back in again with your library card number to reactivate your complimentary access for another 30 days. Reactivate as many times as you wish!
- From the Library PressReader home page
- Select 'publications by country' then click on 'UK', to find a newspaper or magazine, browse the A-Z catalogue or sort the publications by popularity, title or most current.
Newsbank newspaper archives
Newsbank newspaper article archives uses one of the richest collections of primary source material in the world. Contains full text articles from a range of international, national and local newspapers
Use the Newsbank newspaper archives link above and login using your Cornwall library card number (enter your library card number without spaces)
- Select 'search newspaper archive'
- Browse by region or newspaper publication
Browse by region or publication
- Daily Mirror, The / The Sunday Mirror 01/07/1992-Current
- Daily Telegraph, The/The Sunday Telegraph 01/10/2000-Current
- Financial Times 02/01/1982-Current
- Guardian, The 01/01/1998-Current
- Independent, The/The Independent on Sunday 01/08/1992-Current
- News of the World 07/01/1996-10/07/2011
- Observer, The 01/01/1998-Current
- Sun, The 01/01/1996-Current
- Sunday Times, The 01/07/1985-Current
- Times, The 01/07/185 -current
- Falmouth Packet 25/07/2007-Current
- Western Morning News 01/06/1999-Current
- ... plus more
The Times (London)
The complete digital edition of The Times (London) from 1785 to 1985. Every page of every issue includes:
- birth and death notices
Search or browse through each issue.
Cornwall Libraries has subscribed to The British Newspaper Archive (in Library use only). While you are within your local library you will have unlimited access to the millions of scanned pages of newspapers that the British Newspaper Archive site. You must register and login to British Newspaper Archive to view the archive site.
The British Newspaper Archive is a partnership between the British Library and findmypast. They aim to digitise up to 40 million newspaper pages from the British Library's vast collection over the next 10 years.
You can search for:
- News Articles
- Family Notices
Find out more on the British Newspaper Archive information sheet
How to access the British Newspaper Archive
To be able to access the british newspaper archive website you will need to register your contact details. Otherwise you will be re-directed to the payment page when trying to view an image.
To do this please select the link above and then at the top of the main page, click on the "Register" link. Once on the registration page please enter your contact details, create a password and then select "Get Started". Once your account has been created our subscription will give you access to the entire archive.
Library members can also read a variety of magazines online using RB digital.