Skip to content

How Homechoice works


To use Homechoice, first you must register as a new applicant.

Cornwall Homechoice

Please read the easy step-by-step guide for setting up a new user account.

You must have an email address to use the Homechoice website.

Once you have set up your user account, you must verify your details by clicking the link that goes to your email. If you do not do this, your details will not work when you next try to log in.

Once you have registered with Cornwall Homechoice, we will assess your housing need.

We will send you: 

  • your banding
  • the type and size of property you can apply for

Why is my application status showing as pending or suspended?

Your new account will not be active and will show as suspended until we assess your application. We will do this within 28 working days.

If we need any more information we will contact you.

You are not able to place bids until we process your application. If you have any parish and Cornwall connections they will not show until we check this.

Please do not change any information on your application once you have submitted it.

If you need to update anything on your account, please email or call us on 0300 1234 161 to make any changes for you. If you do not do this, it may suspend your account.

Forgotten your password?

Reset your password If you are having trouble resetting your password, please contact us.


Once your application is up and running you can place a 'bid' on a property that you would like to rent. 

Please read the bidding guide for help in placing a bid. 

You must log into Cornwall Homechoice to bid on properties.

Each weekly bidding cycle currently runs from a Thursday morning to Monday midnight each week.

Once bidding has closed, we compile a shortlist of everyone who has applied.

You can ask us questions about Homechoice by using our enquiry form or email: You can call us on 0300 1234 161. Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm if you need to call us.

Changes to your circumstances

If there is any change in your circumstances, you must update your application. If you are allocated a home and we find that your current details are not up to date and correct, the offer may be withdrawn.

Change of address

If you move address, you must:

  • contact us to get your existing application closed
  • make a new application online

We will then re-assess your housing needs.  If you submit your new application within 28 days of changing address, you will keep your application date. Banding dates will depend on your new assessment.

If you are homeless, then please put your current address as ‘NFA - No Fixed Abode’ on your new application.

Important: you must keep your Homechoice application up to date.

Have you been asked to leave where you are living?

If you are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless, we may be able to help you.

Please contact us onlineIf you have been served with a notice from your landlord, please send us all pages of your S21 Notice so we can consider a review of your banding.

If you have been asked to leave by family or friends, they will need to provide a letter confirming this and the date you must leave.

You must email these documents to:

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service