Our allocations policy sets out who qualifies for an offer of accommodation. This applies to accommodation that we own and other affordable and social homes to which we have nominations rights.
Homes are currently allocated in our current Homechoice Scheme.
What is the Council Allocation Scheme?
We have an Allocations Scheme to explain how social housing owned by the Council will be prioritised and let.
Cornwall Allocations Scheme includes:
- Cornwall Homechoice Scheme - a common housing register/assessment framework
- Cornwall Council’s Allocations Policy
Cornwall Homechoice is a common housing register. Customers can apply for affordable homes owned and managed by the Council and its partner landlords.
It includes a common assessment framework. All partner landlords agree with the prioritisation of households on the Common Housing Register. Partner landlords are also called registered providers.
Each Registered Provider also has their own allocation policy. These describe who qualifies for an offer of accommodation on property they own, where the Council do not have a nomination right.
Cornwall Homechoice Scheme and allocations policy documents
You can download the current Cornwall Homechoice Scheme and appendices. Please note that Appendix 1 and 4 have been archived.
- Homechoice Common Assessment Framework
- Cornwall Council Allocations Policy
- Homechoice Appendix 2 - Local Lettings Plan
- Homechoice Appendix 3 - Support And Assistance Policy
- Homechoice Appendix 5 - Move On Policy
- Homechoice Appendix 6 - Partnership Member Details
- Homechoice Appendix 7 - Partner Landlord Letting Policies
- Homechoice Appendix 8 - Right To Move Policy
- Homechoice Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any queries please contact Cornwall Homechoice:
Cornwall Housing Ltd, Chy Trevail, Beacon Technology Park, Bodmin, Cornwall. PL31 2FR