Skip to content


Most problems can be solved online. It's the quickest and most convenient way to get help. 

View the most frequently asked information and the solutions for those below.

Housing benefit and council tax support

Housing benefit helps people on low incomes pay their rent. It’s not available for mortgage repayments.

Council tax support helps people on low incomes pay their council tax. There are different rules for claiming housing benefit and council tax support.

You may be able to claim one or both.

The help you get will depend on:

  • The rent or council tax you pay
  • The people who live with you
  • The needs of your family
  • Your income
  • Your savings

See if you are eligible for housing benefit and council tax support

Current tenants and residents

If you are a current Cornwall Housing tenant you can go to their website to;

  • report a repair
  • pay your rent
  • report antisocial behaviour
  • find out about Independent Living Service (ILS) aka Lifeline
  • or complete feedback surveys

Contact Cornwall Housing

If you are over 60 or have a disability you might be eligible for the handyperson scheme.

Affordable housing

Find out what affordable housing is, what the main types of affordable housing are and how to apply.

View our affordable housing information

Properties to rent

Find out what properties are available currently.

Current properties to let in Cornwall

Adapting your home

The Home Solutions Team includes our handy people, occupational therapists and housing support officers.

We work across Cornwall offering solutions that can help people stay safe at home.

This includes:

  • adapting their home
  • providing them with equipment
  • financial advice and assistance
  • moving to more suitable and appropriate accommodation

View our home solutions information

Changes to your housing benefit

If you receive housing benefit or council tax support, you must tell us immediately if:

  • you or
  • the people living with you

have any changes in circumstances.

Some changes may mean you are entitled to more benefits. Others could mean you no longer qualify for benefits or should receive a lower amount.

Always report any change in circumstances as soon as it happens.

Tell us about a change to your situation

Still need help?

If your query is still not answered you can try looking at our housing information or use the form below.

Request help with something not listed

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service