What is EH-TAP?
‘Environmental Health - Technical Advice for Planning Applicants’ (EH-TAP) is a flexible service providing :
- and agents
seeking consultee advice or comments on environmental health matters linked to the planning process.
EH-TAP is aimed at applicants who want to ‘get it right first time’ and in the process reduce costs and save time.
EH-TAP provides a consultee perspective on potential adverse effects upon health and/or general amenity associated with:
- Air quality
- Contaminated land
What are the options?
EH-TAP provides flexibility to suit proposals at different stages of development. Whether at an early outline stage, or a more advanced scheme with relevant assessment reports. EH-TAP is available to suit the situation and requirements for advice.
Preliminary EH-TAP is an optional addition when using the ‘Pre-Application Planning and Building Control Advice’ service offered by the Planning and Sustainable Development. Applicants are advised
- When preliminary EH-TAP might be of benefit (e.g. due to constraints such as those relating to air quality and contaminated land)
- Have the option of paying a fixed fee for environmental advice to be provided to assist with the consideration of such factors as part of a future planning submission.
- Preliminary EH-TAP can also be obtained where applicants aren’t submitting a Planning Pre-App but have a specific need for Environmental Health advice.
Detailed EH-TAP is available for applicants with a more advanced scheme who wish to receive technical consultee advice on the approach to:
- assessing relevant impacts (e.g. scope and methodology of a relevant assessment)
- and/or full consultee comments in advance of a formal submission.
How could EH-TAP benefit my project?
Some of the key benefits of EH-TAP may include:
- Save time and resources: aim to get a planning submission right first time
- Flexibility: options to suit schemes at different stages of development
- Expert advice to:
- help identify,
- and seek to resolve
- Reduce risks with formal submission. Receive Environmental Health consultee comments in advance of formal submission. (Detailed EH-TAP, option B).
- Raise the quality of development and reduce any negative impacts
- Reduce the risk that proposed development could be affected by pollution.
- Help increase community acceptance
- Value for money: Services charged at cost with no profit margins or shareholders
- Locally delivered service with local site knowledge.
How do I make an enquiry?
Where relevant, Preliminary EH-TAP will be offered as an ‘add on’ option when applying for Pre-Application Advice via Planning & Sustainable Development. Preliminary EH-TAP payment will be collected along with the pre-application advice fee(s). Or, for those not wishing to submit a Pre-App, please contact Public Protection’s Community and Environmental Protection team
- on 0300 1234 212 (option 2)
- or via email at: email@example.com
Detailed EH-TAP can be arranged by contacting Public Protection’s Community and Environmental Protection team:
- 0300 1234 212 (option 2)
- or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer to send an email:
- please provide your details
- and a brief description of the project
and a member of the team will contact you at a convenient time.
What are the fees?
Preliminary EH-TAP has a fixed fee of £140 plus VAT.
Detailed EH-TAP starts at £210 plus VAT (Option A) and £280 plus VAT (Option B), with a discount applied if both options are selected at the point of application.
- Please see our EH-TAP document for full details.
- EH-TAP is provided in accordance with terms and conditions which will automatically bind the parties.
Where can I find further guidance?
Further details on EH-TAP along with a range of useful guidance documents relevant to planning and environmental protection are available from the Neighbourhoods and Public Protection Planning Guidance webpage.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.