What is EH-TAP?
‘Environmental Health - Technical Advice for Planning Applicants’ (EH-TAP) is a flexible service providing :
- and agents
seeking consultee advice or comments on environmental health matters linked to the planning process.
EH-TAP is aimed at applicants who want to ‘get it right first time’ and in the process reduce costs and save time.
EH-TAP provides a consultee perspective on potential adverse effects upon health and/or general amenity associated with:
- Air quality
- Contaminated land
What are the options?
EH-TAP provides flexibility to suit proposals at different stages of development. Whether at an early outline stage, or a more advanced scheme with relevant assessment reports. EH-TAP is available to suit the situation and requirements for advice.
Preliminary EH-TAP is an optional addition when using the ‘Pre-Application Planning and Building Control Advice’ service offered by the Planning and Sustainable Development. Applicants are advised
- When preliminary EH-TAP might be of benefit (e.g. due to constraints such as those relating to air quality and contaminated land)
- Have the option of paying a fixed fee for environmental advice to be provided to assist with the consideration of such factors as part of a future planning submission.
- Preliminary EH-TAP can also be obtained where applicants aren’t submitting a Planning Pre-App but have a specific need for Environmental Health advice.
Detailed EH-TAP is available for applicants with a more advanced scheme who wish to receive technical consultee advice on the approach to:
- assessing relevant impacts (e.g. scope and methodology of a relevant assessment)
- and/or full consultee comments in advance of a formal submission.
How could EH-TAP benefit my project?
Some of the key benefits of EH-TAP may include:
- Save time and resources: aim to get a planning submission right first time
- Flexibility: options to suit schemes at different stages of development
- Expert advice to:
- help identify,
- and seek to resolve
- Reduce risks with formal submission. Receive Environmental Health consultee comments in advance of formal submission. (Detailed EH-TAP, option B).
- Raise the quality of development and reduce any negative impacts
- Reduce the risk that proposed development could be affected by pollution.
- Help increase community acceptance
- Value for money: Services charged at cost with no profit margins or shareholders
- Locally delivered service with local site knowledge.
How do I make an enquiry?
Where relevant, Preliminary EH-TAP will be offered as an ‘add on’ option when applying for Pre-Application Advice via Planning & Sustainable Development. Preliminary EH-TAP payment will be collected along with the pre-application advice fee(s). Or, for those not wishing to submit a Pre-App, please contact Public Protection’s Community and Environmental Protection team
- on 0300 1234 212 (option 2)
- or via email at: email@example.com
Detailed EH-TAP can be arranged by contacting Public Protection’s Community and Environmental Protection team:
- 0300 1234 212 (option 2)
- or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer to send an email:
- please provide your details
- and a brief description of the project
and a member of the team will contact you at a convenient time.
What are the fees?
Preliminary EH-TAP has a fixed fee of £146 plus VAT.
Detailed EH-TAP starts at £219 plus VAT (Option A) and £292 plus VAT (Option B), with a discount applied if both options are selected at the point of application.
- Please see our EH-TAP document for full details.
- EH-TAP is provided in accordance with terms and conditions which will automatically bind the parties.
Where can I find further guidance?
Further details on EH-TAP along with a range of useful guidance documents relevant to planning and environmental protection are available from the Neighbourhoods and Public Protection Planning Guidance webpage.