- Log in to your online account
- Add services to your account
- Sign up to receive your bill by email
- Sign up for text message reminders
To manage your council tax online you first need to sign up for an online account.
An online council tax account allows you to:
- View your council tax details
- Sign up to receive your future bills by email
- View previous bills
- Check your account balance
- Set up or amend a direct debit
- Make a payment
- View any payments you’ve made
- Find out when your future payments are due
- Tell us about a change of address
- Apply for a discount or exemption
- Find out your council tax band
As soon as you have registered your online account you can then link your council tax account.
To link your council tax account, you will need your council tax reference number which you can find on your bill. This is a 9-digit number starting with a 3.
You can also add other services to your account such as housing benefits, business rates and landlord services.
Join an increasing number of households who get their bills by email instead of by post. There are many good reasons to go paperless including:
- always having your bill on your phone whenever you need it
- peace of mind, knowing your bill can't get lost in the post
- no need to rush home if you're asked for a bill as proof of identity
- less paper through the door
- view any changes to your account straight away
Once you’ve signed up we will send you a text message if you miss a Council tax payment reminding you to pay, or to get in touch with us if you are unable to make payment.
To sign up please complete our contact form including your:
- Mobile phone number
- Account reference number