Skip to content

Register for council tax

You need to register for council tax if you’ve moved into Cornwall or you’re liable to pay council tax for the first time.

If you’ve received a council tax bill from us, you are already registered for council tax in Cornwall.

I want to register for council tax

You can use our online change of address form to let us know if you are:

  • Moving into Cornwall
  • Moving from one Cornwall address to another
  • Moving out of Cornwall
  • Moving into a new home, do not currently pay council tax and want to register (for example – you’ve moved out of your parent’s house into a property of your own)

Change of address form

Once you’ve registered for council tax

Understanding your council tax bill

If you would like help understanding your council tax bill, there is lots of useful information on our ‘understanding your council tax bill’ webpage.

Understanding your council tax bill

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service