My tenant is in arrears

If your tenants are liable for the council tax charges and they fall into arrears, any debt will stay in their name. It will not stay with the property or be transferred to you.

If your tenant is struggling to pay their council tax, they can apply for Council Tax Support (CTS).

Your tenant cannot claim Council Tax Support if they are not responsible for paying the bill.

It is important that you let us know when your tenant moves out, so that we can close their account and forward all communication to their new address

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service