Information we need to make sure you get the right bill

To make sure your bill is right first time, we need to know about any changes to your tenants, details of their tenancy agreement and any unoccupied periods in the property.

The council tax law says that the owner, managing agent, or resident of a dwelling must give us certain information if they have it.

We need to know:

  • Whether the property is rented as furnished or unfurnished
  • Your tenant’s full name, and the start and end date of their tenancy agreement
  • If they moved in or out on a different date to the start or end of their tenancy, and
  • If there is more than one tenant, whether there is a joint tenancy agreement or separate individual agreements

You are not legally obliged to give your tenants’ previous address or their forwarding address after they have moved out, but it is helpful if you can provide it.

Using an agent

If you have an agent who deals with the property on your behalf, please let us know their name and address and give us the authority to discuss the council tax account and your tenant with them.

You should tell us straight away about any changes that might affect the council tax for your property.

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service