The Buy with Confidence Scheme provides people in Cornwall with a list of local businesses which have given their commitment to trading fairly.
Every business listed has undergone a series of detailed checks by Trading Standards officers before being approved as a member of the scheme to ensure that they operate in a legal, honest and fair way.
As a consumer
To find out about the benefits of choosing a Buy with Confidence approved business, please read the quick leaflet guide by following the button below.
As a business
Becoming a Buy with Confidence member can bring you various benefits, such as:
- gaining a competitive edge by demonstrating your commitment to trading fairly
- increased visibility through recommendations
- professional assistance for resolving consumer disputes
- increased visibility through listings on the Cornwall Council and Buy with Confidence websites and social media
- increased confidence for your customers
- access to advice from Trading Standards professionals.
For more information and benefits of becoming a Buy with Confidence member, please read the quick leaflet guide.
Because Buy with Confidence members are carefully vetted and monitored, Cornwall Council can recommend your business to residents and for various schemes and projects.
From November 2022, the Cornwall Responsible Landlord Scheme is endorsing Buy with Confidence. This means they are proud to be recommending Buy with Confidence members to their landlords and letting agents.
To qualify as a member of Buy with Confidence, your business must demonstrate that you:
- have a commitment to good customer service
- have been in business for at least 6 months
- do not cold call customers
- comply with the terms and conditions and consumer protection legislation
- have appropriate insurance
Visit the Buy with Confidence website to see the full list of joining requirements.
How do I join?
Learn more about how Buy with Confidence can help you and how to join the scheme.
About the Scheme
Buy with Confidence is operated nationwide by Trading Standards. It is rapidly becoming the approved Trader scheme in the UK.
Although there are other assured trader schemes, none offer the independence, impartiality and reassurance of a scheme backed by Trading Standards.