The Buy with Confidence scheme is open to businesses in all trade sectors including:
- the motor trade,
- and retailers.
Businesses who become members undertake to operate their business in a legal, honest and fair way. They will offer customer-friendly service and respond to complaints in a constructive manner.
We encourage the public to use the scheme to find trustworthy and reputable local businesses when they're looking for goods and services.
Those applicants who meet the membership requirements will enjoy all the benefits of the scheme including:
- use of the distinctive logo to promote the business on your
- and business documentation
- Trading Standards approval and recognition of your business standards
- increased consumer confidence
- an individual listing on the Buy with Confidence and Which? local websites
- membership certificate and other promotional material
- information and advice from Trading Standards
- advice and (where appropriate) mediation to resolve higher level complaints
What is covered?
The Buy with Confidence Scheme is concerned primarily with the customer service procedures of a business. All applicants for membership are subject to a visit to check:
- their business complies with relevant legislation
- and ensure that appropriate customer services procedures are in place.
Additional checks required are as follows:
- The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) is now called the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), profiling any previous convictions.
- Previous trading history relating business advice and complaint trends
- Financial Status check by a credit reference agency.
- References from previous customers.
- Customer Service procedures and systems.
Trading Standards are committed to working in a friendly and constructive way with applicants. We will offer advice and assistance to help you achieve membership.
Nationally set fees inclusive of VAT, dependant upon the size of your business:
|50+||Price on application|
*Current offers available for businesses in Cornwall with less than 5 employees
- Additional premises: £225 per annum
- Additional trading styles: £150 per annum
- Other special discounted rates may be available for certain specific campaigns/introductory offers.
How to apply
Businesses can either apply for membership on line by visiting the:
For more information contact the Buy with Confidence team on 01208 893133.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.