From 8th March 2021, The Test and Trace Support Payment scheme (TTSP) is being extended. It is extended to parents and guardians who:
- are not legally required to self-isolate themselves, but
- need to take time off work to look after a child or young person who is self-isolating
To find out more about this – please check the following link: Test and Trace Support Payments - Information for parents and guardians
You may be entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500 if:
- you have tested positive for Covid-19
- been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- from 10 December if you have been contacted through the NHS COVID-19 app
This is for residents on lower incomes who cannot work from home and have lost income as a result. Self-isolation is a legal duty for all those who test positive for coronavirus or are identified by NHS Test and Trace as a close contact.
When should I make an application?
Applications must be made
- during your period of self-isolation
- or within 42 days of your self-isolation period coming to an end. Applications made after this date will not be considered.
Please check you are eligible before making your application
You are eligible if:
- you have tested positive for coronavirus
- have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- been told to stay at home and self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020.
You will need the 8 character reference allocated to you by the NHS Test and Trace Service to apply for the support payment.
From 10 December users of the NHS COVID-19 app will also be able to get an 8 character Test and Trace reference if they have been notified that they need to self isolate. More information about this is available on our Test and Trace Support scheme frequently asked questions page.
You must be:
- or self-employed
and be unable to work from home and losing income as a result
You will also need to be receiving one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- or Housing Benefit
If you are confident you are eligible and have your 8 digit Test and Trace reference number please complete the application form.
If you do not receive the benefits above but you are still on low income you may be eligible for a discretionary Test and Trace Support Payment of £500.