From 16 August 2021, The Test and Trace Support Payment scheme (TTSP) is changing.
You may be entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500 if:
- you have tested positive for Covid-19; or
- been in close contact with someone who has tested positive and you have not yet been fully vaccinated
This is for residents on lower incomes who cannot work from home and have lost income as a result. Self-isolation is a legal duty for all those who test positive for coronavirus or are identified by NHS Test and Trace as a close contact and are not fully vaccinated.
When should I make an application?
Applications must be made
- during your period of self-isolation
- or within 42 days of the first day of your self-isolation period. Applications made after this date will not be considered.
Please check you are eligible before making your application
You are eligible if:
- you have tested positive for coronavirus
- have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive and you are not fully vaccinated
- been told to stay at home and self-isolate
You will need the 8 character reference allocated to you by the NHS Test and Trace Service to apply for the support payment.
You may also be eligible for a payment if you are a parent or guardian of a child or young person who has tested positive or in limited circumstances, is required to self-isolate. To find out more about this – please check the following link: Test and Trace Support Payments – Information for parents and guardians
Since 10 December users of the NHS COVID-19 app have been able to get an 8 character Test and Trace reference if they have been notified that they need to self-isolate. More information about this is available on our Test and Trace Support scheme frequently asked questions page.
You must be:
- or self-employed
and be unable to work from home and losing income as a result
You will also need to be receiving one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- or Housing Benefit
If you are confident you are eligible and have your 8 digit Test and Trace reference number please complete the application form.
Please note: Due to a significant rise in applications our current processing time is 10 working days. We have added resources to the team dealing with these applications and are working hard to make payments as soon as possible.
If you need more information about the scheme please see our Test and Trace support scheme questions page for further information.
If you do not receive the benefits above but you are still on low income you may be eligible for a discretionary Test and Trace Support Payment of £500.