The Tri-Service Safety Officer (TSSO) is an innovative and flexible role. It combines Police, Ambulance and Fire and Rescue Services.
The Tri-Service Safety Officers (TSSO) purpose is to provide early intervention and prevention.
The role provides an operational response (Fire and Ambulance only) through collaborative working between:
- Devon and Cornwall Police (DCP)
- Cornwall Fire, Rescue and Rescue Service (CFRS) Service
- South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT)
- Cornwall Council’s Anti-Social Behaviour Team
The role is an innovative approach to resolving community safety matters. The role targets and aligns with the service's priorities of:
- challenging and tackling anti-social behaviour
- building sustainable and strong working relationships with partner agencies.
The Officers respond to:
- 999 emergency calls for CFRS and SWASFT
- deal with ‘non-immediate’ DCP community safety matters
- complete multi-agency home safety visits
- resolve complex neighbourhood policing issues
- work with the local Anti-Social Behaviour caseworker to manage cases within the local community
- work within the Police Neighbourhood Team
- assist with completing neighbourhood enquiries (non emergency 101 calls made to police).
Enquiries help the TSSO to identify more areas of concern together. This includes:
- fire safety
- anti-social behaviour
- protection matters
- youth intervention
- health, safety and wellbeing
The role provides opportunities for an officer to:
- reduce the risks
- assist with making agency referrals
- arranging multi-agency meetings
The TSSO role is to complement and assist the existing emergency services resource. It aims to reduce demand and release resources to complete other priorities.
Follow updates from the Tri-Service Safety Officers:
- Tri-Service Safety Watch Manager - @FfHichens
- Bude - Adam Chapman - @BudeTSSO
- Callington - Ella Henwood - @Callington_TSSO
- Fowey - Yasmin Matthews - @FoweyTSSO
- Hayle - Adrian Hart - @HayleTriService
- Helston - Phil Whittingham - @Helston_TSSO
- Liskeard - Richard Deavall - @LiskeardTSSO
- Lostwithiel - Josh Harmon - @LostwithielTSSO
- Looe/Polruan - Bradley Barnes - @LooeTSSO
- St. Dennis - Lewis Rosewell - @StDennisTSSO
- Perranporth - Phillip Graham
- St. Ives - Dan Tyldesley - StIvesTSSO
- St. Just - Andy Martyn - @StJustTSSO
- Torpoint - Ollie Vigo - @Torpoint_TSSO
On 1 March 2021 we welcomed seven new officers to the existing team of Tri-Service Safety Officers (TSSO) working across Cornwall.
This uplift in officers sees three new locations benefitting from the role, covering the following locations: