Report an out of hours emergency

On this page you can find emergency out of hours contact numbers. 

If you need to report an emergency please use the numbers below - but please only use these numbers for reporting the emergencies that are listed

Emergency services

For the police, fire service or medical emergencies, call 999.

For non-emergencies, you can call the police on 101 and get medical advice by calling 111.​

Anti-terrorist hotline - phone the Police on 0800 789 321

Council services

Social care emergencies 

Cornwall Housing emergency home repairs

Council Housing emergency repairs - phone 0300 1234 161 if there is:

  • A serious threat to your health and safety, such as a gas leak or dangerous electrical fault
  • Major damage to the structure of the building
  • A serious property related security problem not including lost keys
  • Total prolonged loss of essential service, such as gas, water or electricity.  It results in a serious impact to immediate health or safety of house occupants
  • You are homeless tonight due to not having suitable accommodation available for your occupation

Highways emergency

  • Report urgent or hazardous issues on a road or highway - 0300 1234 222


  • Report flooding or drainage issues on public roads by phoning 0300 1234 222
  • Environment Agency Floodline 24 hour advice - 0345 988 1188

Waste Collections and Street Cleaning

You can report the below by calling 0300 1234 141

  • Issues with the potential to cause harm, injury or offence
  • Drug related litter including needles and syringes
  • Blood or bodily waste
  • Broken glass
  • Hazardous fly tips, eg, asbestos, chemical drum/oil/fuel, clinical waste, paint/solvent, raw meat/fish
  • Obscene or hate related graffiti on public property (not private buildings or houses)
  • Broken or damaged litter bins causing an obstruction or hazard
  • Overflowing litter bins

Fire and Community Safety - 0300 1234 232

  • Anti-social behaviour
  • Community safety
  • Crime and anti-social behaviour
  • Domestic violence
  • Emergency planning
  • Fire safety (including petroleum and explosives licences)
  • Firework displays
  • Vandalism

Utility companies

For gas, water and electrical emergencies

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service