Special Educational Needs and Disabilities are called SEND for short. Cornwall’s SEND Local Offer is a website designed for you. It includes information about SEND and what support we offer. The support is for children and young people with SEND and their families.
- Cornwall’s SEND Local Offer shows the services, support and advice families want to know. We also include statutory information, set by the SEND Code of Practice.
- It includes universal, targeted and specialist provision. It has topics like: education, employment, leisure, transport, money, health, social care, childcare
- Most of the information is specific to Cornwall. If certain things are not provided in Cornwall the local offer will show information and services further away
Cornwall’s SEND Local Offer is part of the Care and Support in Cornwall website. If you do not have internet access at home, you can use local libraries or One Stop Shops. You can also call 0800 587 8191 to speak to someone.
We want to support children, young people and families with SEND. Every Local Authority must have a Local Offer. It has information about education, health and social care for children and young people with SEND. This includes those who do not have statements or Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans. Find out more on page 59 of the SEND Code of Practice.
Are you an organisation or service provider that supports children and young people with SEND?
Add yourself to Cornwall’s SEND Local Offer and tell families about your services.
Young people and parent/carers can contribute to Cornwall’s SEND Local Offer. We value your feedback so please get involved and tell us what you think by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0800 587 8191 or 01872 323535
- Visit: www.supportincornwall.org.uk/localoffer
- Join the Parent Carer Council Forum or the Young Person's SEND
We share all feedback with you. See ‘You said we did’ information on the Feedback page.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.