You can only apply up to eight school weeks ahead of the date you need the place. If you are a Service Family it is twelve weeks.
Applications received earlier than this will not be processed. You will need to complete a new application form at the appropriate time.
If you are not living in Cornwall yet or you are moving house in Cornwall:
You will need to be able to provide evidence of your new address when you apply. Only these forms of evidence can be accepted:
Buying a new home, including a new build
- A solicitor’s letter confirming exchange of contracts; and
- if a new build: evidence that the child will be living there before the expected school start date, for example a letter from a developer confirming a build completion date. Documents evidencing the ownership or purchase of a plot of land will not be accepted.
Renting a property
- A signed rental agreement, with the period of tenancy extending beyond the date of the expected school start date.
Returning to an owned property
- Evidence of ownership of the property, for example the current financial year’s council tax bill or recent utility bills; and
- evidence that the property is available to move into, for example a signed rental agreement showing the end of the date of tenancy.
- A copy of the new tenancy agreement, signed; and
- a letter from the housing authority confirming the date for the exchange.
Moving to live with a friend or family
- Written confirmation from the person the family are going to be residing with; and
- evidence to prove that the family is going to be resident at that address, for example a driver’s licence or a bank statement.
- An official letter declaring a relocation date and evidence of a future home address, unit address or quartering address.
Applications from outside the United Kingdom
- It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to check that their children have a right to study at a school. Parents/carers should check that:
- they have the right of abode; or
- the conditions of their visa means they can attend a state-funded school.
- Parents/carers will be required to provide:
- a photocopy or scan of the child’s passport; and
- a visa (if appropriate).