Clinical waste bags and sharps bins are not collected by the normal household rubbish collection vehicle. A separate vehicle collects them on a specific round.
- If you need a clinical collection please register selecting the relevant option
- If you need to cancel or amend a collection please see below
One-off clinical waste collections
If you don't produce much clinical waste or you only need a collection once, please request a one-off clinical waste collection.
You will need to do this each time you want us to make a collection.
Please note we will not leave you with a replacement bag on this service or a sharps bin with this service.
Once we receive your request, our contractor will contact you by telephone to confirm your collection.
Weekly clinical waste collections
Please register for our weekly clinical waste collection service if you need a collection every week of;
- clinical waste bags
- sharps bins
- or both
On this service we will leave you the same amount of replacement bags that you ask us to collect when you register.
Please note; we will not leave replacement sharps bins. You'll need to get these from your healthcare provider or pharmacy.
Once we receive your request, you will receive a letter confirming the start of your collections.
If you cannot register online
If you can not register online you can ring us using the contact details below.
Please contact us using the form or the telephone number below if:
- you need to change the location where your clinical waste is left for collection
- you’re going on holiday, or going into hospital, so that we can inform our contractor to temporarily suspend your collections. If you don’t let us know and no waste is left out for a few weeks, we may think you no longer require the service
- you no longer require the service and want your collections to stop