Pop up sites tenders have now closed for 2021
Watch the film below which highlights the success of previous phases.
Please look at the assessment criteria below. This will gve you an understanding of what may need to be covered in your application.
The Council will be assessing your application based upon 60% quality and 40% annual rent bid. The information below shows how the quality section is broken down and areas that it would be worth taking into consideration.
Annual Rent Bid: 40 marks
Quality: 60 marks
Experience: 5 marks
- How many years of experience do you have?
- What experience do you have in this or a similar market sector
- Is this experience local or further afield
Business Set Up: 15 marks
- How does your business invest in its staff?
- Has the business supported anyone through other qualifications that add value to the business?
- Does the business have a strategy for improving and updating its assets?
- Does the business source responsibly and sustainably?
- Has the business carried out market research in the area to determine supply and demand?
- What evidence do you have to demonstrate this?
- What sets the business apart from everyone else?
- Have you supplied supporting evidence - Pictures, Menus, Hire price list etc?
Sustainability: 20 marks
- Demonstrate how you aim for your business to be waste free.
- Where are your products from?
- Do you use local, seasonal produce?
- How are you reducing food miles?
- Are your products Fairtrade certified?
- Are you selecting products from sustainable sources?
- Are you growing your own?
- Are you using sustainable energy?
- How are you reducing/minimising your use of plastic?
- What do you plan to do with your waste?
- Have you considered their impact on the local area?
Promotion and Protection of Environment : 20 marks
- Do you support a local club/group through your business?
- Do you provide outreach activity through your business?
- Do you run charitable events or donate to charity through your business?
- Do you provide/support litter picking activities?
- Do you have evidence, awards, recognition with regard to above mentioned initiatives?
Additional documents required prior to commencement on site
- Public Liability Insurance for at least £5 million
- Relevant Qualifications for your proposal
- Activity Risk Assessment
- Site Risk Assessment
- Proof that a site specific fire risk assessment been undertake.
- Are they a registered food business?
- Do they have a food safety management system?
- Does the business have a health and safety policy?
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.