Skip to content

Education for Ukrainians

Ukrainian refugee children of school age are entitled to school places.

School places must be applied for through Cornwall Council in the usual way. Please use the processes described on these web pages.

Parents/carers or hosts can apply for places through the Parent Portal.

Please follow the link to our Changing Schools In-year page.  

Please indicate on the application form:

  • if arrived through Homes for Ukraine
  • or arriving to be with family/friends
  • and any other relevant information, including education support needs

If the child is currently in Year 6, please remember to also submit an application for a secondary school place in September 2024.

If you need any help with the application please email

School admissions - Cornwall Council

Useful resources

To support refugees from Ukraine and those children displaced by the conflict, the Ukrainian Ministry of Education and Science (MoES) has published the Ukrainian curriculum. This contains educational materials and other useful information.

Resources can be used to compliment pupils’ education. For example, for use at home or in supplementary schools. These should not be used to substitute for a schools’ usual curriculum. 

Useful websites

External links to language tests - translation built in

For post-16 education information please go to the CSW group website

Adult education

If you are interested in English Language lessons and arrived under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme please email to find out what your options are.

Our adult education services offers a 'English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)' course. Anyone can apply to join this course.

The course will help you to improve your skills in:

  • English reading
  • writing in English
  • speaking English
  • English listening

Courses range from complete beginner to Level 2 (High Intermediate).

Find out more about ESOL

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service