The Community Chest gives small grants to not-for-profit groups across Cornwall. Each Cornwall Councillor has a small grants budget to support projects in their area.
Grants can cover a wide range of activities. Here are some examples:
- Helping vulnerable children or adults
- Helping young people
- Providing facilities for older people
- Supporting community facilities
- Improving a community centre or village hall
- Local environment projects
- Helping to address community safety issues
- Purchasing play and exercise equipment for community use
- Public events, festivals and exhibitions
- Helping communities following the Covid-19 pandemic
We can also talk to you about the option to promote your project through crowdfunding. We do this on the Crowdfund Cornwall website. Crowdfunding can help some projects attract wider support and increase their funding.
If you would like to apply for a grant, please do so as soon as possible. The closing date for completed applications this year is 18 February 2022.
Details of past grants can be found on the individual Community Network pages.