Cornwall Council leads the Cornish language programme. It has also established the Cornish Language Office. The Cornish Language Lead is responsible for:
- Increasing the use of Cornish in the work of the Council
- Giving advice to organisations who want to use Cornish
- Coordinating projects in the community
The Cornish Language Team
- Jowdy Davey, Cornish Language Lead
- Sam Rogerson, Support Officer
You can receive a free copy of Kevren, the Cornwall Language newsletter, when you sign up to the mailing list. See our Kevren Privacy Notice for further information.
Cornwall Council and Gorsedh Kernow facilitate the Cornish Language Forum. There are two meetings held each year. The Grand Bard of Gorsedh Kernow chairs the meetings. They are open to everyone interested in revitalising Cornish.
The functions of the Cornish Language Forum are:
- To receive information about Cornwall Council’s annual Operational Plans.
- To support activities that promote and celebrate the Cornish language.
- To share good practice for language planning and develop new ideas and initiatives.
See the agendas, minutes and reports of previous Cornish Language Forum meetings. The last meeting held was on 5 November 2022.
The Cornish Language Office supports projects which will:
- increase the use of Cornish
- develop skills and capacity in the community
Cornish Language Learning and Communications Fund 2021–2024
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.