The Pop Up Site tender has now closed. If you would like to register your interest for future opportunities please email email@example.com
For future tips, please look at our
- assessment criteria
- and guidance on tendering for pop up sites
Watch our video which highlights the success of previous phases
The Council will be assessing your application based upon 60% quality and 40% annual rent bid. The information below shows how the quality section is broken down and areas that it would be worth taking into consideration.
Annual Rent Bid: 40 marks
Quality: 60 marks
Experience: 5 marks
- How many years of experience do you have?
- What experience do you have in this or a similar market sector
- Is this experience local or further afield
Business Set Up: 15 marks
- How does your business invest in its staff?
- Has the business supported anyone through other qualifications that add value to the business?
- Does the business have a strategy for improving and updating its assets?
- Does the business source responsibly and sustainably?
- Has the business carried out market research in the area to determine supply and demand?
- What evidence do you have to demonstrate this?
- What sets the business apart from everyone else?
- Have you supplied supporting evidence - Pictures, Menus, Hire price list etc?
Sustainability: 20 marks
- Demonstrate how you aim for your business to be waste free.
- Where are your products from?
- Do you use local, seasonal produce?
- How are you reducing food miles?
- Are your products Fairtrade certified?
- Are you selecting products from sustainable sources?
- Are you growing your own?
- Are you using sustainable energy?
- How are you reducing/minimising your use of plastic?
- What do you plan to do with your waste?
- Have you considered their impact on the local area?
Promotion and Protection of Environment : 20 marks
- Do you support a local club/group through your business?
- Do you provide outreach activity through your business?
- Do you run charitable events or donate to charity through your business?
- Do you provide/support litter picking activities?
- Do you have evidence, awards, recognition with regard to above mentioned initiatives?
Additional documents required prior to commencement on site
- Public Liability Insurance for at least £5 million
- Relevant Qualifications for your proposal
- Activity Risk Assessment
- Site Risk Assessment
- Proof that a site specific fire risk assessment been undertake.
- Are they a registered food business?
- Do they have a food safety management system?
- Does the business have a health and safety policy?
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.