Truro Library is managed by Truro City Council, supported by Cornwall Council.
Truro Community Library is now fully re-open. We also have 10 public computers available as well as printing and photocopying services.
We would ask that our customers continue to wear masks if they are able, and to hand sanitise before they browse the stock.
The Community Garden and Meetings Rooms are also available.
|Monday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Tuesday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Wednesday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Thursday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Friday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Saturday||10.00am - 4.00pm|
Truro Community Library has been fully refurbished with the aid of a £1.4m grant from the Big Lottery Fund.
There are three community rooms with a refreshment and kitchen area. These are available for hire to organisations and community groups.
There is an extended IT suite of public access computers, plus an enlarged junior library with an activities/play area.
- Lift access to all floors
- Push button, electric doors with step free access
- Community Garden at rear of building- read a book, have a drink from the café, or just sit and enjoy the space
- Free WiFi available
- Meeting rooms for hire
- Microfiche/Microfilm reader
- Self Service (staff available to help if required)
- Printing and Photocopying
Council payments and services
- National Concessionary bus pass applications are quick and easy to apply for online.
- Recycling bags and boxes can be ordered online. Please use the request recycling equipment / recycling containment online form.
- Council Payments. Payments for Council services cannot be taken at this location. This includes Council Tax or Business Rates. However there are a range of PayPoint and Post Office sites that accept both cash and card payments. Most Post Offices still accept cheques at no extra cost. Your account will be updated overnight. Many PayPoint stores have longer opening hours, often including weekends. This offers greater flexibility and choice. Head over to my area to see which facilities are available to you more locally. Should you prefer to pay online, please use the links below:
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.