Truro Library is managed by Truro City Council, supported by Cornwall Council.
Thursday 15 to Saturday 17 July we will temporarily revert to click and collect only (no browsing). We are happy to get any books from the stock for you. This is so that we can prepare the Library to fully re-open on Monday 19 July. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
From Monday 12th April 2021, Truro Community Library will be able to offer a browsing service. This can be accessed from the main entrance on Pydar street. There will be a reduced collection for you to browse, and current social distancing measures will be in place. We would also ask that you use the hand sanitiser provided, before browsing the stock.
There are 4 public computers available, and we are also providing printing and photocopying services. Unfortunately there is currently no access to the meetings rooms or community garden.
Opening Hours from 12 April
|Monday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Tuesday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Wednesday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Thursday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Friday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Saturday||10.00am - 4.00pm|
Truro Community Library has been fully refurbished with the aid of a £1.4m grant from the Big Lottery Fund.
There are three community rooms with a refreshment and kitchen area. These are available for hire to organisations and community groups.
There is an extended IT suite of public access computers, plus an enlarged junior library with an activities/play area.
- Lift access to all floors
- Push button, electric doors with step free access
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilities
- Community Garden at rear of building- read a book, have a drink from the café, or just sit and enjoy the space
- Free WiFi available
- Meeting rooms for hire
- Microfiche/Microfilm reader
- Self Service (staff available to help if required)
- Printing and Photocopying
Council payments and services
- National Concessionary bus pass applications are quick and easy to apply for online.
- Recycling bags and boxes can be ordered online. Please use the request recycling equipment / recycling containment online form.
- Council Payments. Payments for Council services cannot be taken at this location. This includes Council Tax or Business Rates. However there are a range of PayPoint and Post Office sites that accept both cash and card payments. Most Post Offices still accept cheques at no extra cost. Your account will be updated overnight. Many PayPoint stores have longer opening hours, often including weekends. This offers greater flexibility and choice. Head over to my area to see which facilities are available to you more locally. Should you prefer to pay online, please use the links below:
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.