St Austell Library is managed by St Austell Town Council, supported by Cornwall Council.
St Austell Library is now open for browsing on certain days. The Click and Collect service is still available.
Opening Hours from 12 April
|Monday||9.00am-5.00pm - click and collect only|
|Tuesday||9.00am-5.00pm - browsing and click and collect|
|Wednesday||9.00am-5.00pm - click and collect only|
|Thursday||9.00am-5.00pm - browsing and click and collect|
|Friday||9.00am-5.00pm - click and collect only|
|Saturday||10.00am - 12.00noon - browsing and click and collect|
Lucky dip book bags
You can now collect random “Lucky Dip” packs of 10 Children’s picture books or 6 children’s chapter books. No browsing the library catalogue required! You can request a Lucky Dip Bag by:
- emailing email@example.com
- calling 0300 1234 111 and asking to speak to St Austell Library
All we need is your child’s library card number and we will even include some colouring sheets and paper activities to keep your young ones busy!
- On-road parking bay at the front of the library and two disabled spaces in the staff car park at the side of the library. There is also a Pay and Display car park at Polkyth, a couple of hundred yards away.
- Disabled access is at the front and side of the building
- Accessible toilet
- Browse our Performing Arts collection for music, theatre, dance, film and drama
- Fax machine available for public use.
- Free WiFi available
- National and local newspapers
- The Library subscribes to 'Which' magazine
- Microfilm/microfiche reader
- Scanning, printing and photocopying
- Self Service (staff available to help if required)
Council payments and services
- National Concessionary bus pass applications are quick and easy to apply for online.
- Recycling bags and boxes can be ordered online. Please use the request recycling equipment / recycling containment online form.
- Council Payments. Payments for Council services cannot be taken at this location. This includes Council Tax or Business Rates. However there are a range of PayPoint and Post Office sites that accept both cash and card payments. Most Post Offices still accept cheques at no extra cost. Your account will be updated overnight. Many PayPoint stores have longer opening hours, often including weekends. This offers greater flexibility and choice. Head over to my area to see which facilities are available to you more locally. Should you prefer to pay online, please use the links below: