St Austell Library is managed by St Austell Town Council, supported by Cornwall Council.
St Austell Library has now resumed its usual opening times and services.
We will still ask customers to be Covid courteous and:
- Wear a face mask at all times
- Use the hand sanitiser available on entry
- Keep to social distancing guidelines where possible
St Austell Library has five public computers available for 45 minute sessions.
There will be some limited study space available.
It is hoped Indoor Group activities will be reintroduced from the end of October
- On-road parking bay at the front of the library and two disabled spaces in the staff car park at the side of the library. There is also a Pay and Display car park at Polkyth, a couple of hundred yards away.
- Disabled access is at the front and side of the building
- Accessible toilet
- St Austell Library is now selling Seagull proof sacks - £4.00 each.
- Browse our Performing Arts collection for music, theatre, dance, film and drama
- Fax machine available for public use.
- Free WiFi available
- National and local newspapers
- The Library subscribes to 'Which' magazine
- Microfilm/microfiche reader
- Scanning, printing and photocopying
- Self Service (staff available to help if required)
Council payments and services
- National Concessionary bus pass applications are quick and easy to apply for online.
- Recycling bags and boxes can be ordered online. Please use the request recycling equipment / recycling containment online form.
- Council Payments. Payments for Council services cannot be taken at this location. This includes Council Tax or Business Rates. However there are a range of PayPoint and Post Office sites that accept both cash and card payments. Most Post Offices still accept cheques at no extra cost. Your account will be updated overnight. Many PayPoint stores have longer opening hours, often including weekends. This offers greater flexibility and choice. Head over to my area to see which facilities are available to you more locally. Should you prefer to pay online, please use the links below:
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.