Hayle Library and Information Service is managed by Hayle Town Council, supported by Cornwall Council.
Browsing and Click and Collect
Hayle Library is now open for full browsing but click and collect is still available.
We are asking all our customers to please wear a face mask and sanitise their hands on the way into the building to keep everyone as safe as possible.
- Wheelchair access to the main entrance (automatic doors).
Council payments and services
- National Concessionary bus pass applications are quick and easy to apply for online.
- Recycling bags and boxes can be ordered online. Please use the request recycling equipment / recycling containment online form.
- Council Payments. Payments for Council services cannot be taken at this location. This includes Council Tax or Business Rates. However there are a range of PayPoint and Post Office sites that accept both cash and card payments. Most Post Offices still accept cheques at no extra cost. Your account will be updated overnight. Many PayPoint stores have longer opening hours, often including weekends. This offers greater flexibility and choice. Head over to my area to see which facilities are available to you more locally. Should you prefer to pay online, please use the links below:
Weather permitting, we are now doing Rhyme-time outside in the wildlife garden on Wednesday mornings at 11am for 0-3yr old's (older siblings welcome). Please bring something to sit on, a cuddly toy and dress warmly. Also please bring a face mask if you are coming into the building to choose some books.
Weather permitting, we are now doing Story-time and crafts outside in the wildlife garden on a Friday afternoon at 3.45pm. Ideally aimed at 3+ age group. Please bring something to sit on and dress warmly. Also please bring a face mask if you are coming into the building to choose some books.
- We have 3 public access computers available for 60 minute sessions, one of which is attached to the scanner and printing is available
- Free WiFi available
- Community and wildlife reading garden overlooking the Hayle Pool Bird Reserve, open for all to use
- Scanning, printing and photocopying available
- We subscribe to the ‘Which’ magazine
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.