A traineeship with Cornwall Council can help you get ready for work or an apprenticeship.
A traineeship is an education and training programme, combined with work experience, to get you work ready.
The course provides you with the appropriate skills and experience that are required to get an apprenticeship or a job. This includes improving your English, Maths and IT skills if you need to.
A traineeship will give you:
- A work placement (between 6 weeks and 12 months)
- Training to get you ready for the workplace including:
- job search
- interview skills
- team working
- Help with your English, Maths and IT skills (if you need it)
A traineeship can last up to 12 months. You will not get paid while you are on a traineeship, but you may be given expenses for things such as travel.
You are eligible for a traineeship if you are:
- Aged between 16-24 or 25 (with an Education Health and Care Plan)
- Looking to access employment and have little or no work experience
- Qualified to Level 3 or below
- Eligible to work in the UK
Are you aged between 16-24, or 25 with an Education Health Care Plan, and would like to register your interest in a traineeship, please email HRTalent@cornwall.gov.uk
We will then contact you regarding your requirements.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.