Levy transfer applications are now open for 2021/2022
Transferring apprenticeship levy funds to other employers
Cornwall Council is a large levy paying employer with an ambitious Apprentice Strategy. As such, we can now transfer up to 25% of our apprenticeship levy funds to other employers.
This can help to boost the number of high-quality apprenticeships across the county. This can include new apprentices or existing employees undertaking an apprenticeship. We are not able to transfer funds for apprenticeships that have already started.
More detailed guidance is available on the following page: Transferring unused apprenticeship funds to other employers
What are the Council's strategic aims?
Priority 1: Addressing skill shortages in Cornwall. Priority sectors include Health and Social Care and Digital skills.
Priority 2: Supporting the size of shared services on behalf of the Council. E.g. Town Councils delivering Library Services
Priority 3: Creating apprenticeship opportunities for disadvantaged groups.
- Care leavers
- Someone not in education, employment or training (NEET)
- Those with disabilities
- The long term unemployed
Priority 4: Creating Higher Level Apprenticeships. Cornwall's population has fewer high-level qualifications than anywhere else in the country. Creating high-level apprenticeships will support our apprenticeship and wider economic and skills strategies.
How does it work?
- Cornwall Council will carry out an ‘expression of interest’ bid process
- Employers must show how their apprenticeship/s will add to the Council’s strategic aims
- Application approvals are ‘given in principal’ until the new apprentice has started. And before the appointment of a learning provider
- The opportunity to apply for transfer funds will remain open throughout the year
- Businesses will receive a decision on their application within two weeks
- Receiving employers should notify the Council of the outcome of apprenticeship outcome/s
Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01872 324600
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.