This information is about apprenticeships delivered by schools as employers. It is for
- Head teachers
- School business managers
This is not information about delivering apprenticeships to pupils.
Apprenticeship levy arrangements for schools
View the information on levy arrangements for different types of school for:
- Levy arrangements for different types of schools
- Digital Account Service (DAS) access
- Public Sector Duty arrangements
Meeting current and future skills needs in your workforce
The following links should contain all the information you need:
- Department for Education: Guide to Apprenticeships for the School Workforce
- Amazing Apprenticeships: School Workforce
- Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education: Apprenticeship Standards
Apprentice pay rates
LA maintained schools provide the same Terms and Conditions as core Council apprentices. This includes pay rates.
The Council sets the pay rates for new apprentice employees. The rates are available on the Why choose an apprenticeship? page.
The apprentice pay rates are:
- A spot salary, by Level of apprenticeship
- Aligned to National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage
- Reflective of current market rates
- Competitive against large employers in Cornwall and Devon (public and private sector)
You can read our apprenticeship strategy and programme.
Need more information or advice? Contact the HR Talent team on 01872 324600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.