Unlawful Eviction or Harassment form

Use this form to tell us about unlawful eviction or harassment from your landlord

Unlawful Eviction or Harassment

About you
Your tenancy
Your landlord

Please provide the name and address of the property agent, if any

Other ocupiers

Please provide details of all other occupiers in your household

Occupier 1
Occupier 2
Occupier 3
Occupier 4
Occupier 5
Occupier 6
Other information

For example, do you share a toilet, bathroom, or kitchen with non-family members

For example, do you receive Housing Benefit or Universal Credit?

Please select 'Next' to continue

Data Protection

All data will be handled in accordance to the Data Protection Act 2018

There’s something I don’t understand

If you need help in understanding or completing this form, please contact the Private Sector Housing team on telephone number 01209 615 629 or by emailing psh@cornwall.gov.uk

How we will use the information about you

Cornwall Council have powers under the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 to collect the relevant information required in order to investigate complaints of harassment and illegal eviction. The information provided will allow the Council to investigate your complaint, to ensure the correct notifications to be issued in regard to any visits to the premises and any subsequent enforcement action to be undertaken.
We may also use the information to consult with you on changes to legislation and to request feedback on our service.

Who else will we share your information with?

We will only use this information in conjunction with your Harassment and Illegal Eviction service request. We may share your information with our Cornwall Council departments, such as Cornwall Housing, Council Tax, and Housing Benefit to verify the information that has been provided. We may also share your information with Devon and Cornwall Police to facilitate joint working protocols.

How will we look after your data

Your data will be held within Cornwall Council’s secure network and premises and will not be processed outside of (the UK/the EEA). Access to your information will only be made to authorised members of staff who are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.

How long will you keep this information for?

Personal information will be kept for 6 years.

What are my data rights?

Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:

  • be informed of how we will process it
  • request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way)
  • have it amended if it’s incorrect or incomplete
  • have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
  • withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process
  • restrict how we process it
  • object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
  • object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
  • request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you

How do I exercise these rights?

If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact:
Simon Mansell, Data Protection Officer, Assurance, Cornwall Council, County Hall, Truro, TR1 3AY. Tel: 01872 326424 Email: dpo@cornwall.gov.uk

I don’t agree with something

We would prefer any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right. However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns direct with the Information Commissioner’s Office Tel No. 0303 123 1113 https://ico.org.uk/concerns/

Why do you need my information?

Should there be sufficient evidence to establish a case for prosecution of an alleged offence following the investigation of a harassment or illegal eviction request it is likely that you will be requested to give a witness statement and attend court as a witness during the prosecution.

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service