If you are worried about your own or someone else’s mental health call the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly 24/7 NHS mental health response line on 0800 038 5300. It's free to access by anyone, any age, any time, day or night.
Free Online mental health training is now available for all working people across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. The training package has been developed and hosted by the Sound Doctor. It includes three modules covering psychological first aid, mental health and trauma awareness.
The training aims to help people:
- Understand how someone’s lifestyle and workplace can affect their mental health.
- Learn how to recognise signs of stress, anxiety and depression.
- Learn how to manage stress and anxiety effectively.
- Discover useful and practical coping and relaxation techniques.
- Understand the role of trauma in mental health and how to manage it.
- Become happier and more productive at work and at home.
The training is freely available to people working in every type of organisation across the public, private and voluntary sectors. It features video recordings of:
- Cornish residents
- NHS Kernow
- Cornwall Council representatives
The self-directed training has been designed to help working people with their own wellbeing. It also gives them the confidence and skills to help colleagues and create a more supportive workplace.
To register for this free online training visit the Sound Doctor website.