Cornwall Council is the registration authority for common land and town and village greens in Cornwall.
Before 1 October 2008 we worked under legislation brought about by the Commons Registration Act 1965. Under this legislation there is approximately 25,000 acres of common land in about 300 register units. This equates to 3% of the land in Cornwall, equalling the 3% of land in England registered as common land.
From 1 October 2008 a variety of new measures became available. These were largely for making applications to amend the commons and greens registers under Part 1 of the Commons Act 2006. In most cases a fee will be payable. Please see the Application Fees for more details.
Commons and Village Green application representations Privacy Notice
- Privacy Notice for people who make representations about Commons and Town and Village Green applications
Common land in Cornwall
- Map of Parishes containing common land, as at May 2014
- List of former Borough or Urban District Councils in Cornwall immediately prior to 1 April 1974
- Biological Survey (Defra)
- Application 3008 Published March 2021 To Remove 6.131 Hectares Of Land At Tregaminion Cliff In The Parish Of Morvah
- Application 3006 Published March 2021 To Remove 4.409 Hectares Of Land At Brook Cottage, Borporthennis In The Parish Of Zennor
- Application 3004 Published February 2021. To Remove 0.546 Hectares Of Land At Penrose House, Balnoon, In The Parish Of St. Ives.
- Application 3003 Published December 2020. To Remove 0.0035 Hectares Of Wrongly Registered Land At Beach Cottage Terrace, Cadgwith, In The Parish Of Grade Ruan.
- Application 3001 Published November 2020. To Re Allocate An Attached Right At Greenbarrow East, Blisland. This Is Due To A Compulsory Purchase Of Land For A Road Widening Scheme
- Application 2999 Published November 2020. To Re Allocate An Attached Right At Greenbarrow West, Blisland. This Is Due To A Compulsory Purchase Of Land For A Road Widening Scheme.
- Application 2997 Published September 2020. To Remove 0.134 Hectares Of Land At Glynn House, Clay Road In The Parish Of Cardinham.
- Application 2995 Published August 2020. To Apportion Rights Of Common Attaching To Land At Hawksground And West Bowithick, In The Parish Of St. Clether.
- Application 2994 Published January 2020. To Remove 14.572 Ha Of Wrongly Registered Common Land At Nance And Illogan Woods In The Parish Of Portreath.
- Application 2985 Published November 2019. To Remove 2.482 Hectares Of Wrongly Registered Common Land At Trevarrack In The Parish Of St. Ives.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.