Cornwall Council is the registration authority for common land and town and village greens in Cornwall.
Before 1 October 2008 we worked under legislation brought about by the Commons Registration Act 1965. Under this legislation there is approximately 25,000 acres of common land in about 300 register units. This equates to 3% of the land in Cornwall, equalling the 3% of land in England registered as common land.
From 1 October 2008 a variety of new measures became available. These were largely for making applications to amend the commons and greens registers under Part 1 of the Commons Act 2006. In most cases a fee will be payable.
Commons and Village Green application representations Privacy Notice
- Privacy Notice for people who make representations about Commons and Town and Village Green applications
Common land in Cornwall
- Map of Parishes containing common land, as at May 2014
- List of former Borough or Urban District Councils in Cornwall immediately prior to 1 April 1974
- Biological Survey (Defra)
- Application 3019. Published May 2022. To add approximately 3.161 hectares of land (beaches) north and south of Creek Stephen Point as common land in the Parish of Gerrans.
- Application 3018. Published March 2022. To add approximately 1.059 hectares of beaches at Great and Little Molunan, St. Anthony Head as common land in the Parish of Gerrans.
- Application 3058. Published March 2022. To add approximately 120 hectares of land at Upton Towans as common land in the parishes of Hayle and Gwinear/Gwithian.
- Application 3007. Published November 2021. To add 3.865 hectares of land at The Bunny Hill and part of Fentongoose Common as common land in the Parish of Kea.
- Application 3011. Published July 2021. To add 0.146 hectares of land at Predannack Road in the parish of Mullion.
- Application 3009. Published May 2021. To add 119.31 hectares of land at Lizard Downs, in the Parish of Landewednack.
- Application 3015. Published May 2021. To add 0.126 hectares of land at Kynance Downs in the Parish of Landewednack.
- Application 3013. Published May 2021. To remove 4.519 hectares of land at The Reens, Troon in the Parish of Camborne.
- Application 2994 Published January 2020. To Remove 14.572 Ha Of Wrongly Registered Common Land At Nance And Illogan Woods In The Parish Of Portreath.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.