Cornwall Council is the registration authority for common land and town and village greens in Cornwall.
Before 1 October 2008 we worked under legislation brought about by the Commons Registration Act 1965. Under this legislation there is approximately 25,000 acres of common land in about 300 register units. This equates to 3% of the land in Cornwall, equalling the 3% of land in England registered as common land.
From 1 October 2008 a variety of new measures became available. These were largely for making applications to amend the commons and greens registers under Part 1 of the Commons Act 2006. In most cases a fee will be payable. Please see the Application Fees for more details.
Commons and Village Green application representations Privacy Notice
- Privacy Notice for people who make representations about Commons and Town and Village Green applications
Common land in Cornwall
- Map of Parishes containing common land, as at May 2014
- List of former Borough or Urban District Councils in Cornwall immediately prior to 1 April 1974
- Biological Survey (Defra)
- Application 3015. Published May 2021. To add 0.126 hectares of land at Kynance Downs in the Parish of Landewednack.
- Application 3009. Published May 2021. To add 119.31 hectares of land at Lizard Downs, in the Parish of Landewednack.
- Application 3013. Published May 2021. To remove 4.519 hectares of land at The Reens, Troon in the Parish of Camborne.
- Application 3008 Published March 2021 To Remove 6.131 Hectares Of Land At Tregaminion Cliff In The Parish Of Morvah
- Application 3006 Published March 2021 To Remove 4.409 Hectares Of Land At Brook Cottage, Borporthennis In The Parish Of Zennor
- Application 3004 Published February 2021. To Remove 0.546 Hectares Of Land At Penrose House, Balnoon, In The Parish Of St. Ives.
- Application 3003 Published December 2020. To Remove 0.0035 Hectares Of Wrongly Registered Land At Beach Cottage Terrace, Cadgwith, In The Parish Of Grade Ruan.
- Application 2994 Published January 2020. To Remove 14.572 Ha Of Wrongly Registered Common Land At Nance And Illogan Woods In The Parish Of Portreath.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.