Private Water Supplies questionnaire

Private water supply questionnaire

Your details

If you are a tenant, please provide your landlord's contact details:

Privacy notice

Who will control my data?

The Data Controller for all the information you provide on this form, together with any supporting information or documents requested as part of the application process, is Cornwall Council, County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro, TR1 3AY. 

If there is something you don’t understand 

Please contact Environmental Protection on 0300 1234 212or by emailing

How we will use the information about you?

Cornwall Council is required under [The Private Water Supply Regulations 2016 as amended] to hold data in order to enable the Council to carry out its ‘relevant functions’ as defined by the 2016 Regulations.

We may also use your contact details to provide you with information or to ask your views on certain matters.  For example: advising on changes to legislation & policy, training & seminars or seeking your views on customer satisfaction, formation and review of policy, practice and /or procedures.

Who has given you my personal data?

Personal data has been provided to the Council by the individual through the submission of various application forms, third party monitoring or as a result of premises inspections.

Special Categories of Personal Data.


Who else will we share your information with?

Cornwall Council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud.  In this regard it may also share your information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes such as the Police and the Department for Work and Pensions.  In addition we also provide information to the Government’s Cabinet Office under its National Fraud Initiative.  For further information see

Cornwall Council is also under a duty to provide information to the Drinking Water Inspectorate for regulatory purposes and it may share data with the Statutory Water Undertaker to protect public health. 


Your data will be held within Cornwall Council’s secure network and premises and will not be processed outside of the UK, the EEA.  Access to your information will only be made to authorised members of staff who are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.

How long will we keep this information for?

As required by The Private Water Supplies Regulations 2016 as amended, the information relating to your private water supply will be kept for 30 years except for authorisations and Notices which will be kept for 6 years, in line with the Councils data retention policy.  

What are my data rights?

Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:

  • be informed of how we will process it
  • request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way)
  • have it amended if it’s incorrect or incomplete
  • have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
  • withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process
  • restrict how we process it
  • object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
  • object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
  • request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you 

How do I exercise these rights?

If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact:

Simon Mansell
Data Protection Officer Assurance
Cornwall Council
County Hall

Tel: 01872 326424  

I don’t agree with something

We would prefer any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right.  However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns direct with the Information Commissioner’s Office:

Tel No. 0303 123 1113 or

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service