What is #BeAirAware?
The Air Quality team have launched Cornwall’s #BeAirAware campaign.
The campaign aims to:
- Raise awareness about the causes of air quality problems in Cornwall.
- Promote the links between health and active travel.
- Work together to improve air quality in Cornwall’s Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs) and throughout Cornwall.
- Protect Cornwall’s residents from the harmful effects of air pollution.
What has #BeAirAware achieved?
#BeAirAware has resulted in:
- Parking officers trained to give idling advice to motorists whilst on their parking patrols.
- Digital roadside messages in six towns telling motorists to switch off their vehicles when stationary.
- Air quality officers patrolling in towns to give advice on idling to buses and taxis.
- Testing new indoor and outdoor air quality monitors and indoor air purifiers.
- Teaching primary school children about air quality in Cornwall and how they can improve their local air quality.
- School patrols involving air quality and parking officers to give advice on idling to parents.
- Placing more “Engine off” signage at level crossings and train station car parks.
- Engaging with climate action groups to better understand local air quality problems.
- Raising awareness of the health impacts of idling vehicles.
Getting in touch
If you would like more information on #BeAirAware, please email firstname.lastname@example.org