Cornwall Council is currently running two projects to promote property flood resilience (PFR). Find out about each of the projects below.
Cornwall Council is one of three Lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFAs) to successfully obtain funding from Defra. This is for a Pathfinder project to boost the uptake of Property Flood Resilience (PFR) measures. The other two are York City Council and Northhamptonshire County Council.
The project is being delivered on behalf of all five LLFAs within the South West Regional Flood and Coastal Committee region:
- Cornwall Council
- Devon County Council
- The Isles of Scilly Council
- Torbay District Council
- Plymouth City Council
The project will provide a fixed site and a mobile roadshow. These will demonstrate the PFR techniques and products available. We will deliver training and awareness material. We will also work with community groups and flood groups to identify properties that would benefit from PFR.
We will be launching a project website. We are also providing PFR information through the Cornwall Community Flood Forum website.
As well as the LLFA's listed above, we are working with Delivery partners including:
- JBA Consulting
- University of the West of England
- Cornwall Community Flood Forum
- Devon Community Resilience Forum
- The Environment Agency
and delivery partners, including:
- The Eden Project
- Climate Vision
- Premier Water Solutions
- Richfords Fire and Flood
If your property would benefit from using Property Flood Resilience (PFR) measures then we may be able to help. Cornwall Council and the Environment Agency have made funding available to help you to do this.
We may be able to help you to:
- Carry out a risk assessment to determine how and why your property is at risk of flooding
- Conduct a survey to determine which PFR measures would work in your situation
- Provide a certified contractor to supply and fit the measures to the National Code of Practice standards
- In some circumstances, help to pay for installation.
You can register an interest in submitting an application for assistance in obtaining PFR for your property. Please email email@example.com.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.